Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting Utah-rted

June was such a great month because we got out of the heat for a week. We felt that we needed the same break for July as well. Last week Kent, Amy, and I headed up to Draper, UT. Kent's sister just had her 3rd little boy, Cayden, so we thought this would be the perfect time to escape the heat!

A few weeks ago Kent and I taught Amy how to drive a stick-shift, and it really made the trip up and back a lot easier.

The first night there we had a BBQ in the backyard and visited with Kent's mom (she came out from Houston for the week as well). The next day we attempted to go out on the boat. We were all set- picnic packed, kids in their life vests, and beautiful weather...the only thing missing was a working boat. We never got out on the lake, but we had a wonderful picnic in the boat at a campground. That was enough for us though, because we were wiped out that afternoon!

The next day Kent's Aunt and Uncle came over as well as 2 of Kent's cousins. Tiffany, just had her 3rd little boy too. We definitely got our fill of newborns! It was a lot of fun seeing all of them and enjoying another BBQ.

Sunday was filled with movies, naps, and a delicious dinner. That night we played games and packed up to head out the next day. We had a nice trip back, but I can truthfully say this was my LAST roadtrip pregnant!

We had such a nice time and are so grateful to Lanae for being such a gracious host to all of us. We definitely made a lot of good memories while we were there.

Now we are back to the everyday duties here in Chandler. I had a doctor appointment today and everything looks good. I'll now start seeing him every 2 weeks as opposed to 4. I cannot believe there are only 8 weeks left. My mom had me 5 weeks early, so I'm really hoping that I get to have the full 8 weeks because we have NOTHING set up yet. Oops!

3 comments:

The Carpenter Family said...

That is funny...glad you had a good trip!

mydeserthome said...

be prepared I went into pre-term labor 6 weeks early. You never know.

Lanae said...

We had so much fun having you guys here with us!! I just put some pics up (finally!).
We love you guys!
Lanae