Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Diego

I don't know if I am happy or sad to be posting about our trip to San Diego. We had been planning this trip since last year and it finally CAME and WENT. Big Bummer that it's over :(

We weren't sure if we were going to make it this time though. Our new company has been quite the project, one of the Texas properties caught fire, and we're just feeling a tad overwhelmed. Thursday arrived and we decided that we really should go though.

We arrived around 8 o'clock and were greeted by some pretty chilly weather. My parents made us some dinner and we just relaxed after the long drive.

Friday was even cooler, so much to my dismay we stayed away from the the beach. We did go to Seaport Village and enjoyed roaming through the stores though.

We thought for sure that we'd have better weather on Saturday, but alas, no sun. Kent and I decided to go to Old Town and see the Mormon Battalion site. Wow! I had no idea it would be that cool. I was expecting a little museum with some artifacts and you were done. We first watched a little video and then went from room to room (Iowa to Santa Fe to San Diego).

Afterwards there was an area where you could pan for "gold," make bricks, play with a well. Kent was able to find a few pieces of gold, so we are looking into an early retirement. :) Braelynn just loved all the water and had a blast!







That night my brother Eddie also arrived. He had flown in from Georgia and I am so glad he did!

Then finally Sunday came with some beautiful weather! We headed to the beach! I finally got to go Boogy Boarding (yes
I am still bitter that I couldn't go last summer) and we just soaked up the sun. That night we played Ghetto Golf, a bean bag toss game, had a bbq, roasted marshmallows, and just enjoyed the last few moments of San Diego.

Unfortunately Monday came too quickly and it was time to go home. Braelynn slept from San Diego to Yuma and then cried from Yuma to Chandler. We couldn't
help but watch the temperature creep up to 110 as we pulled into the driveway.

We are already counting down the days to our trip next year. Shawn is due any day with Granddaughter #3 and we are so excited for them to join us next year...my parents may need to get some type of extension to their 5th wheel now!

No comments: