Sunday, December 14, 2008

Celebrate good times, C'mon!

Let the count down begin! I cannot believe we'll be heading off for Utah in a week and that Christmas is just around the corner...maybe it's time I do my Christmas shopping. I left Kent alone in the valley yesterday so that he could hit each mall without the possibility of running into me ;)

Saturday was an absolute blast. My Job's Daugthers Bethel celebrated it's 20th birthday! The girls put together such a wonderful celebration for it and I was so happy I could make it down to Tucson to share in the festivities. I loved talking with everyone and sharing stories about our favorite memories...campout pranks, ritual and choir competitions, and all of the sillyness us girls shared together over the years! We all brought our quilts and scrapbooks from our terms as well. These girls have been more than friends over the years and I truly think of each one as a sister. I know we will always be close.

I quickly rushed back up to Chandler to see my Honeymuffin. I missed him SO much. I do not remember the last time I went to T-town without him and I don't think I will again anytime soon. Last night we went up to Tempe and got dinner at Panda Express and dropped into Chili's to say hi to Amy. Then we went to a Christmas light/boat parade at Tempe Town Lake. The park was lit up with lights everywhere, they had live music, and food and games. At 7 everyone lined the shore and watched about 40 boats cruise down the lake, completely decked out in Christmas lights. I tried taking pictures of some of my favorites, but my camera was having issues :( We then watched a nice fireworks show over the water. We laughed as we realized that was the 3rd or 4th time THIS YEAR we had watched fireworks there! Needless to say, it was a very chilly and fun night! 

This week we'll be winding down with Real Estate classes and gearing up for the Holidays. We'll also be tying up a few loose ends with the business issues. On Friday we interviewed a woman to be our Broker and we just love her. The 3 of us are on the same wave length and were just amazed at how much we all had in common. I think we'll be inviting her to come on board starting in January. 

Today we're just trying to stay warm. Amy may join us for dinner and then I think we're going to take a drive around to look at lights. We do love the holidays!

2 comments:

Lanae said...

Ohhh.. I can not even wait! I'm really excited to see you guys. We're going to have some fun; bring warm clothes!!
Hugs,
Lanae

Tonia said...

When are you guys coming to Texas? We would love to see you!